Tuesday 6 October 2009

Life on the Victoria Line


"Did he really just lick his lips at me?"


I am sitting outside Balans on high-street Kensington. A guy has just licked his lips at me. I repeat licked his lips at me. My jaw hits the floor. This is not G.A.Y this is Kensington! Is this the new way of pulling in 2009? No more hellos or facebook searching, just full-blown-sexual body language. I feel so naked… exposed.


Is this is why I am single? Is this forward thinking? As my thoughts spin round and round in my head I begin too realize I am staring back. The guy actual thinks he has pulled! He is slowly walking towards me. I feel like running too the hills or at least through too the opposite side of Hyde park, “Swiss” idea I thought. Anyway, what do I say? I can’t deal with any more weirdoes after Lazy eye guy.


Aaron is kicking my legs so hard. Shouting, ‘go on, go on’. ‘It’s about time you got some’. True, but no, is this really how I want too meet my future husband? Sitting on a plastic chair, drinking cheap wine, listen to Dido for the 400th time. I quickly stand - my body is shaking – a rush of blood goes straight to my head – I snog Aaron - my bff. Aaron quickly throws me off him and screams so loud even my 90-year-old gran back up in Manchester can hear him. I should feel insulted, but it did the trick, the guy walked off. Thinking I was a lunatic rather than that Aaron was my boyfriend. But I don’t care…


Sometimes I don’t think I am a “normal” gay boy or maybe even person. Maybe I am an alien – why don’t I want to meet anyone new or at least have sex? I believe my heart still mending from rick the dick, but surely a year is long enough to get over someone? If not it should be. I have spent years being an over opinionated twat, with limited knowledge; I was hoping this formula would answer my questions. But maybe everyone has to gain more knowledge to truly understand the pain you go through in relationships. Who knows? Is Aaron right? Do i just need 2 let loose?  

1 comment: